Things to do in Punta Gorda
There are plenty of things to do Punta Gorda and you've come to the right place to find them. Our hotel is conveniently located near plenty of local attractions. Four Points by Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside overlooks the Charlotte Harbor on Southwest Florida's Gulf Coast between Tampa and Naples. Our comfortable sub-tropic climate offers the opportunity for you to enjoy everything Punta Gorda has to offer year round. Be sure to take a look at the top recommendations for what to do in Punta Gorda below.
- Downtown Punta Gorda: Explore the revitalized cobbled streets of downtown Punta Gorda and immerse yourself in the history of the local area. Walk among the palm trees and view the outdoor murals, take a trolley tour or enjoy the restored period homes and vintage atmosphere. There are plenty of boutiques and restaurants to browse.
- Laishley Park Municipal Marina: This new marina was built in 2007 and is located just across the street from our hotel. Laishley Park Marina offers a public boat launch, a ship store, and a large community room where you can hold your Punta Gorda events or meetings.
- Fisherman's Village: Fishermen's Village is Punta Gorda's waterfront mall, yacht basin, and marina. This quaint destination offers the opportunity to shop, dine, and relax. Plus, you can rent boats and sign up for sightseeing cruises and fishing trips.
- Babcock Wilderness Adventure: Babcock Ranch encompasses over 90,000 acres and includes a variety of habitats like pine woods, pastures, wetlands, and a swamp. Enjoy a 90-minute wildlife tour through the Ranch and the swamp and learn about all the species that make this area their home.
- Military Heritage and Aviation Museum: Admission to the Military Heritage Museum is free. The museum promotes an understanding and respect for the military heritage of the United States and the sacrifices of our country's veterans.
- Peace River Wildlife Center: Since its start, the wildlife center has treated over 100,000 birds and small animals. The permanent residents of the center are available for viewing by the public in their environments. See eagles, hawks, cranes, and more.
- Fish Cove Adventure Golf: Enjoy mini golf at Fish Cove. Their tranquil, tropical setting includes caves, reefs, waterfalls, and a harbor. Plus, you can enjoy their concession area for snacks while you golf.
- Port Charlotte Golf Club: The Port Charlotte Golf Club is located in the heart of Charlotte County. It has been voted the best golf course in Charlotte County 4 years in a row and features 18 holes.
- Octagon Wildlife Sanctuary and Rehabilitation Center: Explore the sanctuary and rehabilitation center and meet all the residents of Octagon. You can view a leopard from the Russian Far East/Northern China, a brown bear, the Asian black bear, the Bengal tiger, and more.
- Muscle Car City Museum: Walk through a 99,000 square foot museum with over 200 vintage '50s to '70s muscle cars. It is one of the largest GM Muscle Car displays in the nation.